TURKEY LINKS & BLOGS
As you plan your visit to Bursa, here are some other helpful web resources…
- Goturkey.com is the official travel website of the Turkish government’s Ministry of Culture and Tourism.
- Tom Brosnahan’s Turkey Travel Planner offers a wealth of advice about visiting Turkey from an independent perspective. This website is a good place to start.
- The other website of the Turkish Ministry of Culture and Tourism contains good information on culture and history.
- Visit Natalie Sayin’s Turkish Travel Blog.
- Pat Yale’s Turkey from the Inside blog is extensive and full of useful information.
- Turkey Central is a forum covering all things Turkey.
- Property Turkey, a real estate firm, keeps an interesting blog about life and travel in Turkey.
- Turkey Travel Planner’s Bursa guide is informative and useful.
- Visit the Bursa Travel Guide at VirtualTourist.com.
- bursa.com.tr, developed by the Bursa municipal government and the Bursa-Eskişehir-Bilecik Development Agency, contains some good information on local history, culture, and tourism. The site’s interactive map may be particularly helpful.
- Visit the Bursa page at the Ministry of Culture and Tourism website.
- The Bursa Culture, Art, and Tourism Foundation website keeps a list of local festivals and events.
- Burulaş is Bursa’s public transportation agency. Visit the Burulaş site for local bus, tram, ferry, and metro routes and schedules.
- Information and reviews on local restaurants can be found at Bursa Restaurants.com.
- The Bursa City Council’s Foreigners Working Group maintains a list of activities for foreigners visiting and living in Bursa. Visit the Foreigners Working Group Facebook page.
- The Bursa International Women’s Association serves international women in Bursa. Visit BIWA’s Facebook page.
- Bursa’da Zaman is a colorful and informative local magazine.
- Dergi Bursa is another excellent local travel and culture magazine.
- Olay is a local news source.
- Seyyah Çelebi is in Turkish, but it offers some good information about points of interest in and around Bursa.
Other Locations and Topics
- Visit Terry’s Adventures in Ankara.
- See Duke’s Captivating Cappadocia.
- Visit Antalya Insider and Antalya Living for useful information on Antalya.
- Turkey’s for Life focuses on life and travel around the Mediterranean city of Fethiye.
- Back to Bodrum and the Bodrum Peninsula Travel Guide highlight life and travel in Bodrum.
- Read about the Black Sea coastal town of Ordu in Justin’s Adventure Ordu.
- Archers of Okçular offers an expat perspective on Turkish village life.
- Read Kerry’s blog at Turkish Life Cafe, an expat housewife’s guide to living in Turkey.
- Always check review sites, such as booking,com (affiliate link), when planning your trip.
- Read up on Turkish news (in English) at Hürriyet Daily News.
- Learn travel insights and destination information the world over at Nomadic Notes.